In order to be able to label food with the "Ohne GenTechnik" seal or feed with the "VLOG geprüft" seal, the corresponding products must be certified according to the VLOG Standard. A company can be certified for one or more activities or products, depending on its needs. A complete conversion of all activities and products to VLOG Standard is not necessary, as long as a traceable and consistent separation of the flow of goods is guaranteed.
- Feed business: Production of "VLOG geprüft" compound feeds; trade of loose "VLOG geprüft" feeds; transport of "VLOG geprüft" feeds
- Mobile grinding and mixing facilities
- Farmer: Production of raw milk; keeping of laying hens; cattle fattening
- Livestock dealer
- Food processing: Processing of "Ohne GenTechnik" chicken meat; production of "Ohne GenTechnik" cheese
- Other activities: See VLOG Standard
As an alternative to VLOG certification, depending on the area of activity, certification according to a standard recognized as equivalent by VLOG is also possible.
The requirements of the VLOG Standard are audited on site at the certified companies every one to three years (depending on the risk). In order to ensure the independence of the inspections, this audit is only carried out by independent and accredited certification bodies that have successfully completed a recognition process at VLOG. The auditing at the companies includes all products, processes and documents relevant for the certified activities.
The costs of certification incurred by the certification body through auditing and issuing of certificates are agreed and settled directly between the company and the certification body. They depend, among other things, on the audit duration, certification area, travel time and the individual service specifications of the individual certification bodies.